October 16, 2008

CRAFT ATTACK! was a success!

Well, CRAFT ATTACK has come and gone. This opens up time for me to focus on Snitches Get Stitches. I will be rolling out new designs very soon and I will be doing a few shows in the Southeast during the Holiday season!

More about that later.

So, let's talk about CRAFT ATTACK! My alarm clock went off at 4:00 am. I stumbled my way to the bathroom so I could brush my teeth and wake everyone up [ Redpanda, her boyfriend, and my husband]. Since we packed everything up the night before, we headed toward Charlotte at 4:45 am. About 5:30, we arrive at the park. It's quiet. Dark. I did not want to work.

We started unloading the cars, dragging water to the check-in area and putting our booth setup crap in our spaces. My mother-in-law and husband did a great job of helping me with everything. I did not have time to setup my entire booth on my own. About 6:45 am, vendors started arriving. Before I knew it, the show had started.

I had so much fun meeting everyone, walking around, and shopping! Oh man, I bought so much stuff and even scored a trade! The atmosphere was wonderful, the people were happy, and I just walked around with the biggest smile on my face. The wind became a huge problem with tents flying over, displays crashing, and acorns falling on heads. However, everyone seemed to have a great attitude and found ways to deal with the wind.

For me, the show was the most successful show to date for Snitches Get Stitches. I have a very selective market, so of course I may not do as well as most vendors. Once the day was over and I tallied my sales, I was happy to see that I had sold a record amount compared to other shows.

I want to give a huge shoutout to the following individuals... I had a blast talking to everyone, but somehow I wandered into these booths multiple times!

* Hardyharhar
* Aleigha's Arts
* Mutilation Mart
* Cuckooboo
* Poison Cupcake Designs
* Dr. Z's Earthy Things
* Christy Wooke [what a nice seller!]
* Linty Fresh [Spent too much money! haha]
* Fuzzy Ink [Great guys with amazing products]

Also, I want to thank everyone who came out to support our very first show and we look forward to doing it again next year.

I'll upload photos soon of the products I bought, but a brief list will do for now!

* Fright Fillow and 2 sets of earrings from Aleigha's Arts
* Awesome sparkly purple twig hair clip from Poison Cupcake Designs [I started a new fashion movement]
* The coolest bobbypin clips from RobotGhost
* Crabdude from missing monsters!
* Framed drawing, magnets, and pins from Christy Wooke
* 3 tshirts, belt, 5 buttons from Linty Fresh
* Dagger hair clip from Stitch Machine
* The most awesome red/black handspun yarn from Blondechicken

I'm sure there's more. Photos soon!

No comments: