October 28, 2008

Ravelry

I am the proud owner of a brand new Ravelry account! If you are on Ravelry and want to add me as a friend, you can find me here. I am very excited about being a part of Ravelry. I have been knitting for about 2 years now, but I am still very much a knitter. I have found myself to be a spastic knitter. To elaborate, I will knit every day for a month, then I'll put it to the side and will knit again in 6-8 months. Since my schedule has died down a bit, I now have time to devote to knitting and I want to expand my skills and try new projects. This is where Ravelry comes into play!



My buddy, Xiane, is amazing at spinning. She has been my inspiration to start knitting again, plus we have lots of fun doing different things at our favorite hangout - Broad River Coffee Shop.

After knitting up two scarves using handspun yarn from Xiane and Blondechicken, I am in love. Handspun yarn is never boring to knit and always creates a unique look - even if you are knitting a boring scarf!

So, with the help of my dear friend, I want to learn to spin. I don't want to spin all the time or make a serious hobby of it, but how rewarding would it be to spin your own yarn and knit something for yourself?

Pictured above: Hand-dyed roving from PerchanceToSpin on Etsy! You can find the listing for this exact roving here. If this listing is still available when I return from my trip to Asheville, I will be purchasing it next week! The colors look so bright and fun, which is exactly what I enjoy. I will track my spinning endeavors here, so look out for some YAYS and some cussing, haha!

4 comments:

Xiane said...

OMG. Those colours are SO freakin' YOU. I think my retinas are burned out now, and I've never been happier. Ha!

You are going to kick ass at spinning. Making the yarn yourself allows you to make it stripey or solid or bumpy or fluffy as you like, and it really never gets dull, playing with the colours and textures. I'm so excited that you want to learn!

Gotta go add you to my Ravelry peeps now! Woo!

Snitches Get Stitches said...

That's exactly what I thought! I can wear my HUGE pink sunglasses while spinning that!

I'm so excited that you're going to teach me! I'm also happy to be a part of Ravelry now! Look at me, all active and stuff! ;)

Reneighborhood said...

Spinning is so much fun and super addicting. I just started and I can't stop! How exciting, I'm excited for you!

Snitches Get Stitches said...

Why, thank you! I think it's going to be a super satisfying addiction... and I have a VERY addictive personality! ;)