November 3, 2008

Anniversary, getaway, and swollen ankle, OH MY!


9/365
Originally uploaded by SnitchesGetStitches
Bo and I had a great time in Asheville while celebrating our 4th anniversary. We ate at our favorite places, drank some top notch beer, and spent a lot of time in the cabin together, alone. That really sums up our trip [and that's exactly how I wanted it].

One place that we visited for the first time was Bruisin' Ales in Asheville, NC. Not only is the name awesome, but the selection rocks and the people working there were amazing.

I had one particular beer in mind that I wanted to try. After looking through the selection, I found it! Founders Breakfast Stout. Here's what their website says about the beer:



You
've got to love coffee to truly appreciate this phenomenal brew. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and sweetened imported chocolates, Sumatra and Kona coffee. Breakfast Stout has an intense fresh roasted coffee nose toped with a cinnamon colored frothy head that seems to never fade and makes you wish breakfast could last forever.



Specs:
8.3% ABV
25 IBU's
Color: Black Unfiltered
Cellar: 1 year
Availability: Quarterly (limited production, pre-order only)
Serving temperature: 42 f

[Note the first sentence! YUM!]

I created my own six pack which included all stouts and I was particularly excited about the Founders Breakfast Stout and The Poet, an oatmeal stout.

The lady working the register highly recommended the Breakfast Stout, gave me directions to places that had amazing beer on tap, and made small talk. I highly recommend Bruisin' Ales to ANYONE who is close to Asheville, NC and loves good beer.

Bo and I decided to attend Charles and Becky's Halloween party about 4 hours before it started. We had no costumes, so we ran to a Halloween store in Asheville, grabbed a quick costume, and drove from Asheville to Charlotte. I had a blast. Perhaps a little too much fun. Right before the night ended, I decided to swing on this handmade tree swing. Basically, I remember being on my back laughing at the fact that I fell. The next morning? Not so much laughter since my ankle was swollen and almost impossible to walk on.

That's a recap of what happened while I was gone. I am back and will be getting ready for ICE in Atlanta on November 15! Come see me if you're in the area! :)

Oh, the Breakfast Stout? A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I'm going to stock up next time I find it. Since it's a seasonal beer, I better hurry!

1 comment:

Xylia said...

I might take up beer drinking just from your description of the Breakfast Stout. Glad you had fun.